How to Do a Facial at Home in 5 Easy Steps
Self-care is a great way to relax and reduce stress. Taking time to pamper yourself can turn a bad day around and leave you with a smile. In these stressful times it can be easy to forget about and neglect self-care, but now more than ever it is important to take time for yourself.
An easy way to do this is with an at-home facial. You may not get the same results that you would at the salon, but a DIY facial can help exfoliate, deep clean, and moisturize to keep your complexion bright and clear until your next appointment. You probably already have everything on hand to create a relaxing spa-like experience in the comfort of your own home.
- Massage your face with a cleansing oil. If you don’t have cleansing oil on hand you can use a little olive, coconut, or argan oil. Wet hands and massage into your skin well, paying close attention to the t-zone. Rinse with warm water, or wipe gently with a warm soft cloth. Pat dry.
- Cleanse your face well with your favorite facial cleanser. Take your time and be sure to massage the cleanser into your skin well. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- If you have an exfoliating scrub on hand use it now. If not you can make a simple sugar scrub with 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey, ½ tsp lemon juice, and 2-3 Tbsp sugar. Combine to a grainy scrub-like consistency. Add more sugar if needed. Scrub with the fingertips in a gentle circular motion for about 1 minute, being careful around the eyes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Apply a hydrating face mask and relax for about 10-15 minutes. This would be a great time for a bubble bath. You can make your own face mask by pouring ½ cup hot water over ? cup oatmeal. Allow to sit until just warm to the touch and mix 2 Tbsp of the oatmeal with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp honey. Remove the mask with a warm damp cloth.
- Finally, you want to lock in moisture to make your skin super soft and supple. Finish your facial with your favorite facial moisturizer or skin serum, or if it’s nearly bedtime apply your night cream.?
The team at The Full Spectrum Hair Salon care deeply about our clients and want you to always get the pampering that you deserve. We look forward to spoiling you with a professional facial as soon as we can re-open. When the time comes, stop by and see us at 305 E Farm to Market Rd 544, #911 in Murphy or give us a call at 972.509.1565 to schedule your appointment. If you’d like to manage appointments from your phone, download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play.